Topic covered in Preparing for the Journey include
- Tips on preconception and prenatal care to assist you in giving your child a healthy foundation
- Child development information, so you know what exciting changes to expect next
- Age- specific guidelines for preparing your child for success in school, from first through second grade
- Ideas to help your child successfully prepare for and adjust to moves
- Details on how to work effectively with teachers to get the best education for your child
- Practical suggestions about individual situations, such as how to tell if your child may have special needs and how to support the education of your gifted child
- Information on topics unique to military and other highly mobile families , from dealing with the deployment of a parent to transitioning school records.